Monday, April 12, 2004

Joys of Publication
One of the best parts of writing a column is hearing from readers. For instance, when this week's column, in which I poke good-natured fun at lacrosse, was posted on Saturday, I heard from several readers who happen to be big lacrosse fans. In fact, they take lacrosse WAY TOO seriously. They emailed to tell me in forceful terms how I don't know what I am talking about. Something I already knew. Many of these emails were sent Saturday night, making me wonder about the social lives of these particular lacrosse players.

Here is a small excerpt from one of the emails I recieved:

"...from the impression i go reading thisu can probably see what i think of u. i dont think there are words to describe what is wrong with u to not appreciate the gratest sport ever. and let me tell i think u are a complete p***y for complaining about how people could get hurt. shut the hell up and take it like a man. yet another saying
"what doesnt kill u makes u stronger" i have simply ran out of words to describe your stupidity and ignorance. farewell."

I stand corrected about lacrosse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home